Sleep - My Child


Sleep, my child, let the dream perform thee,
Go to rest in the hands of God.
I will sit put for a moment fleeting
Until thou are named by the Lord
Letting his love be certain,
Letting the love of God ease thy mind.
Christ, our Saviour, be to thy name
The heavenly Father, thy kind.

Sleep, my child, let the dark surround thee,
Go to rest in thy bed, my care.
A new day waits when the night is over
Expecting to be and made clear.
Sleep, and be fresh tomorrow.
Sleep, let the good Lord see to thy name.
Jesus protect and power thy rest,
Tomorrow will bring thee an aim.

Sleep, my child, and be well looked after.
Wide awake on the watch for thee
The son of God telling silly stories
About how it is to be free.
Sleep, let the day be over.
Sleep, let Lord Jesus show thee the way.
Jesus The Saviour, Jesus, The Lord,
tomorrow will make thee a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment